This project involved extensive alteration and refurbishment works to a 6000 sq foot house dating from around 1847. The main structural alterations related to the new large open plan kitchen area, requiring removal of a number of internal walls and an area of the upper floor to provide double storey height ceilings. A full length gallery landing linked adjacent areas of the property. Steelwork was required to support the existing vaulted roof, the gallery landing and existing external walling over significant spans to provide the open plan areas. Steel framing was also required to frame the large bifold doors and associated glazing to the new extension.